Symptoms of Unbalanced Vaginal pH:
• Strong, fish-like smell coming from your vagina.
• Grey, green, or foamy vaginal discharge.
• Itching around the vagina.
• Swelling and irritation around the vagina.
• Pain or burning feeling in the vagina during sex.
• Burning sensation while urinating.
Certain factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection. Some of those are:
• Using antibiotics, birth control pills or certain steroids.
• Being pregnant.
• Having a health condition that weakens your immune system.
• Having uncontrolled diabetes.
Certain lifestyle risk factors also increase your risk of a vaginal yeast infection, such as:
• Sitting in a wet bathing suit.
• Not changing out of sweaty clothes.
• Wearing scented tampons or using a vaginal deodorant.
Monitoring vaginal pH is an easy way to quickly assess your vaginal microflora health. pH range can indicate whether you may have bacterial or vaginal infection.