Although you may feel the urge to write down a lofty list of goals that includes “go to the gym every day,” you may want to take a more realistic approach to your health this year.
The key to writing a New Year’s resolution list that you can sustain well past January is setting realistic, manageable goals and establishing an environment that makes it easier to accomplish those goals.
Here are 7 women’s health goals that you can accomplish this year. These health goals for your New Year are essential for a healthy body and mind.
Get Better Sleep. Oversleeping and under-sleeping both carry negative consequences for your health. Here are a few ways to get better sleep.
- Turn off all the lights when you sleep, including TV.
- Turn off all screens at least an hour before bed.
- Make a point to wind down before bed with a good book, a bath or shower, or cup of tea.
- Avoid rigorous exercise and heavy eating two hours before bed.
Drink More Water
One of the greatest (and simplest) things you can do for your health is to drink more water.
Improve your Diet
- Focus on improving what you eat. Manage changes to your lifestyle that will impact your health in the long run.
- Eat less red meat, processes meats, snacks, chips, sugary drinks and eat more leafy greens, chicken, fish and healthy fats like olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds.
It’s no secrets to anyone that regular exercise is good for your health.
Make Breast Exams a Part of Your Routine
Practice Meditation More Often
Take a pause to take a deep breath and regain your composure. If you struggle to fall asleep, try meditating at night. You may need just 15 minutes of meditation to fall asleep.